Westland Insurance Group Selects Applied to Enable Digital Transformation
May 14, 2019
Leading independent insurance brokerage selects Applied’s Digital Brokerage software to deliver a digital experience for staff and employees
Mississauga, ON – May 14, 2019 – Applied Systems® today announced that Westland Insurance Group has selected Applied’s Digital Brokerage® solution to automate operations and deliver anytime, anywhere service for today’s digital customer. Using Applied Epic® as the foundation to their digital brokerage, Westland Insurance Group will standardize workflows across 83 locations in British Columbia and Alberta, enabling the brokerage to scale the business with ease. The business will also leverage integrated technologies, such as customer portals and mobile apps, to allow for customer self-service quoting and access to policy documents anytime, anywhere.
“At Westland Insurance Group, we believe that insurance consumers want simplicity, 24-hour access and quick delivery. They want to do research online, purchase from their computer, tablet or phone, and receive personalized service and advice when needed. This omnichannel approach to customer experience is what drove us to find a technology provider that we could partner with today and in the future,” said Philip Tapley, chief information officer, Westland Insurance Group. “Applied’s Digital Brokerage solution will provide our business with the tools to deliver a premium customer experience through online portals and apps and digital interactions through texting, eDocuments, and eSignature, to meet the changing service demands of today’s customer.”
As part of Westland Insurance Group’s digital brokerage strategy, the business will leverage the Applied Digital Brokerage solution, which combines Applied Epic, Applied Cloud®, Applied CSR24®, Applied Mobile®, Applied Analytics® and Applied Rating Services®.
- Applied Epic delivers the most technologically advanced software application to independent insurance brokerages to enable faster growth and profitability in a changing insurance marketplace. Applied Epic is an integrated and open application that provides essential capabilities for each stakeholder within a brokerage to better manage customer relationships, sales opportunities, financial accounting, and policy and benefits administration across all lines of business, eliminating the need for separate, disparate systems. The application offers a comprehensive view of client and prospect information and internal workflows through an intuitive user interface, enabling users to make more informed business decisions. Applied Epic’s scalable software architecture provides brokerages with multiple global locations the ability to manage expansion and business growth with ease.
- Applied Cloud is the leading, purpose-built cloud platform designed for the insurance industry, providing reliable and secure delivery of software applications and anytime, anywhere access to business information. Applied’s cloud platform provides access to operations recovery, backup encryption, redundancy technology and active failover data centers. The dedicated team of Applied Cloud professionals manages and maintains all hardware upgrades, Applied software updates and system testing processes, increasing brokers’ investment value by reducing time and expenses spent managing these processes. Today, more than 100,000 users across four countries rely on Applied Cloud to improve business performance, increase data security and deliver cost savings.
- Applied CSR24, the leading cloud-based client self-service software, enables brokerages to meet today’s insurance consumer demand for anytime, anywhere access to information by providing 24/7 access to insurance policy information, claims filing and processing, premium payments, liability certificates and other insurance documents through an online brokerage-branded client portal or mobile application via Applied MobileInsured. Applied CSR24 seamlessly integrates with brokerage management systems, reducing manual administrative tasks so brokers can devote more time to serving customers and securing new business. By providing greater flexibility and mobile servicing options, brokerages can increase client satisfaction, build client loyalty and gain a competitive advantage.
- Applied Mobile is a purpose-built app that enables insurance brokerage staff to access and manage client, prospect and insurance information from their management system anytime, anywhere via a mobile smartphone or tablet device. The native mobile app allows users to stay connected on the go with a direct link to information in their brokerage management system, providing access to view accounts, contact details and insurance policy information; add prospects; create and manage activities; and automate sales operations.
- Applied Analytics is the first data analytics application built specifically for independent insurance brokerages. Through seamless integration with Applied Epic, Applied Analytics offers easy-to-use, interactive graphical dashboards that provide a view of the brokerage’s book of business, employee performance, and insurer relationship insights, including key transaction, policy, line of business and marketing information. Applied Analytics provides data-driven insight into business performance, insurer relationships and employee development to make more informed business decisions that drive business value.
- Applied Rating Services is Canada’s comparative rating service for insurance brokerages and insurers providing the industry’s most accurate rates for the most insurers nationwide. Applied Systems offers the most comprehensive portfolio of rating services to deliver fast, accurate and mobile quoting for automobile and property insurance, enabling brokerages to more efficiently drive business growth while providing a better client experience.
“It’s critical for brokerages of all sizes to leverage digital technology that can manage expansion with ease and meet the ever-evolving demands of customers today,” said Jeff Purdy, senior vice president of International Operations, Applied Systems. “Utilizing Applied’s Digital Brokerage solution, Westland Insurance Group will realize the benefits an integrated solution provides to drive operational efficiency and deliver a digital customer experience in support of their target growth goals.”
# # #
The Applied logos are trademarks of Applied Systems, Inc., registered in the U.S.
About Applied Systems
Applied Systems is the leading global provider of cloud-based software that powers the business of insurance. Recognized as a pioneer in insurance automation and the innovation leader, Applied is the world’s largest provider of agency and brokerage management systems, serving customers throughout the United States, Canada, the Republic of Ireland, and the United Kingdom. By automating the insurance lifecycle, Applied’s people and products enable millions of people around the world to safeguard and protect what matters most.
Ready to Learn More?
Applied is ready to provide your business with the advanced insurance software and solutions you need to succeed in the insurance ecosystem.